Saturday, November 27, 2010

Snow!!!!

Toady, I am a very happy girl! Though technically not the very first snow fall of the year, I was nonetheless delighted when upon opening my curtains this morning I was greeted with that familiar white glow that only snow can offer; Seeing the flurries whipping through the sky and then feeling the excitement grow when I saw how much had settled on the ground.

Yesterday was technically the first snow fall but there was no settle-age and and attempts to take a photo wouldn't have yielded a very nice image. Today however, the conditions are perfect.

Ever since I was a kid, snow has captivated me. My favourite colour is green, so one would think that having grass all around me would make me happier, but there was always something about snow that I adored. Snow is not just beautiful to look at, but has its uses aswell that you just don't get with grass. For example, have you ever tried building a fort out of grass, or had a grass-ball fight...? I think not. But best of all, snow (except for February in Quebec) looks clean. Not many things come close to the peaceful beauty of a Wintery scene with the roof tops, power lines, and trees covered in a fluffy white duvet. In England, this scene was always paired seamlessly with the smell of a coal fire wafting through the air.

Plus snow, in my mind, always signals the inevitability of Christmas: my favourite season!! Those who know me, know that my inner Martha Stewart and Nigella Lawson are very busy this time of year as I'm wrapping hand made presents and baking cookies as well as mixing my holiday cocktails and eggnog. Yes, I know it's still November and I promise I've only played my Christmas CDs twice so far, but it truely makes me happy... and who could deny me that?

These are a few of the shots I snapped early this morning. Hopefully the first of many!


Our outdoor parking space... now I know there was someone there!! :)

The snowy view of the Bridge

Further view of the Bridge and pedestrian walk way.

Our balcony and Ste. Anne's in the background.

Not quite ready to shovel yet.

Our usual view is somewhat hindered!

1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Grrr. Git some followers, girl. God bless you.