Saturday, October 22, 2005


HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!!!

This past Wednesday was Daves' (one of my flatmates) birthday. As much as he'd like to think, 20 isn't old. 20 is when you become a young adult. People don't think of you as a "teenager" anymore, they see you as someone so young, and full of potential they envy you. I won't be 20 until April. For me this is something to lookforward to, and when I get there I will then be looking forward. It's as though me life will start at this point. Sure I'm living on my own, however there's an unconscious element of independence that's granted you, I think when you get to the big 2-0.
Despite Daves' reluctance, we celebrated his big day in style. As my mother would have done, I bake two double-decker chocolate cakes (at the bequest of everyone), and served it in our kitchen to all out friends with ice cream while they sipped their drinks. Then it was into town. Dave said pub-crawl and we did. 6 different pubs and 6 different drinks....great night. You'd think the rain would be a put off...ha! Walking up through the bike path back to campus in the pouring rain can really be quite satisfying. (I highly recommend it to anyone.) Back up at campus, drenched and cold...I couldn't resist, really...the puddle jumped on me! Needless to say the soakage increased as we made our way home puddle hopping. Did you know it takes a whole day to dry a pair of jeans??? After a well deserved hot chocolate/tea/coffee, we called it a night.
Happy birthday again, Dave. We should do it again sometime.
Ps: I would have had pictures, but I'm still working out the mini digi cam...sorry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dave

TGS said...

Well done! I'm so proud, you're becoming a teenager ;) XOXO