Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Loopy Birds


As I walk through campus day to day, from class to class, I listen to the birds making their songs. This is all well and good, but this is the scene that greets me as I walk out my front door.
Frosty grass! I was very pleased when I saw it all covered in cold morning sunlight. It was quite chillsome in the air today, and later coming out of the gym I saw this...A frozen lake/pond! Which is why I'm confused when I hear birds I'm used to hearing in April or May when there are crocus popping up, and daffodils. The sound of melting snow can be heard, and the ice on the roads melts away. Why then are those birds singing here , in January???
I also believe their day/night judgment is off too. I can be walking out at midnight, and still hear birds I should hear at 6am, no sooner. Am I missing something? I think the birds on campus are rebelling against the natural forces that be.

No comments: