Saturday, February 11, 2006


2006 Winter Olympics Have Begun!!!


I am sorely upset that this year I'm missing out on the Olympics (no TV). Still in all my parents are keeping me in touch with the Hockey results (Go Team Canada!) I'm doing Olympic research for a stats essay for one of my courses at the moment, so I do get to look at all the sites. I suggest you check out the Torino web site http://olympic.org/uk/games/torino/index_uk.asp 30 years ago, Montreal held the Olympics. If you click on "Olympic Games" on the left of the page, you can see where all the Olympics, both Summer and Winter, were held. There are links with pictures and videos of all the games. I even watched the lighting of the torch from Montreal! I remember doing a project for the 1992 Winter Olympics when I was in Elementary school. I wrote about Myriam Bedard in the '94 Lillehammer Olympics. So lets hope that we have a recurrence of the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics: Double GOLD in the hockey!!!

Good Luck to all the Participants!

The opening ceremonies from Torino, 2006


If I save my pennies.....look for me in crowd!


The 1976 Montreal Olympics mascot...any name that we know of?




2 comments:

James Strawman said...

Is that a beaver?

Country Girl said...

yup! One of the Canadian symboles.