Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Despite our changing weather today, the sun is winning the battle. The birds are cherpitty-chirping, and the breeze is light and warming. Perfect for Valentine's Day. Some of my friends don't like this holiday, but I do. It's not just an excuse to legitimately eat loads of chocolate, or go out for meal. It's a chance to write sappy letters, and send heart shaped cards with huge great big smooches on them, to all our friends. All of which contain basically the same message: "I was thinking about you, and thought I'd let you know I care about you!" In elementary school, we sent loads of little papery cards with either Scooby Doo, or the Care Bears on them, to every person in the class. Nowadays, we send nothing more than a smile. I think we
should resurrect the 'in class valentines'. It's not only 6 to 9-year-olds who can send a cheesy message with "Be Mine" on it; I did it this year. I made my own, with colours and sparkles, and tacked them to my friends' doors. Call me immature, or whatever...I enjoyed it! It made me smile.

I got the chocolate...

I've sent out the valentines...


And my nails are done!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
XOXOX






3 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy V-day to you as well! I still hand out the winnie the pooh valentines, although most of them went to the 2 year olds in my class ;)
Hope you had a great day!

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Country Girl said...

Thank!!! We had a great day.
Those card sound so cute!
xoxox