Saturday, June 24, 2006

CONGRATULATIONS FI AND DOUGIE!

This Saturday, Fi and Dougie were married! The whole day centered around, and reflected them perfectly: Colourful, cheerful, and an overall feeling of joy would only begin to describe their wedding. My Mum and Dad met Fiona's family in the late 70's, when Fiona's father was the Vicar here. Now, my Dad is the Vicar, and both my parents are still friends with the family. Through the Vicarage, and Tew our two families have something to relate to. When Fi, Dougie, and Fi's brother Andrew ("Roo") came for tea a few months ago, we traded stories about the vicarage and it's garden, and general church life. I've never laughed so much with people I've just met- I felt I had known them for a while.
I hope all the best for you both, Dougie and Fiona. You're both friendly people, and deserve all the best.
xoxox

Finally, I have the perfect occasion to wear my dress that I've never worn) and I've onyl had it 5 years :).

My Mum; the Bride, Fiona; and my Dad (co-Vicar for the ceremony).

Fiona's niece, Chloe; Fiona's older brother, Paddy; and my Mum.

Fiona ad Dougie, cutting the 'cheese' cake. The cake was made out of cheese: brie, stilton, and one other.

Bride and Groom, dancing the night away.

No comments: