Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Hamilton Visit

I had an absolutely awesome time visiting my Sister Allison, her Husband Kevin, and my three nieces. The girls are growing up so much, and their lives are full, and fun. Catherine started off our visit together, then she flew to England to visit our parents. I then got to spend some great quality time with my nieces, my sister and brother-in-law, and many other friend and family along the way. During my visit, my cousin, Ian was married, and we welcomed Carolyn to our crazy clan. There, I saw my three aunts, and all of my cousins on that side were together (for the first time in my life). My mother is one of four girls, and the strength they grew up in has not only been taught to me, but is something I am extremely proud of.
I also met up with an old friend of mine. Elyse has been my friend ever since we were 3, and throwing equal tantrums and fits at Mums & Tots. We went to school together, guides together, fought. laughed, wrote letters, and somehow we've kept in touch. The last time I saw her, we were 9...11 years ago. It was as though we'd seen each other yesterday. She and I went to the Hamilton fair, where we won a snake and a teddy each!
Throughout this visit, I wished those 5,000km between the East coast and England we merely a stone's throw away. However, they're not, so I cherish the time I have.
Thanks all you C-Ss for an AWESOME visit! I Love you all, and I'll miss you.
xox














1 comment:

Country Parson said...

Lovely photos! Thanks so much for sharing them. xoxox