Monday, June 04, 2007

Ode to Simon the Great

Despite my best efforts, by beloved Simon didn't make it through the weekend :(
I tried a few things with his diet and water, but to no avail. I know I tried to help, but all I can hope is that I made his last few days comfortable and interesting- what with his new food and crystal clear water.
As part of a life long tradition I have with my pets, I will bury him in the garden. Simon will keep our dog, Bonnie company out with the snow drops and daffodils. I think they'll make a great pair :)
xox

5 comments:

Doodlebugz said...

What a lucky fish - to have such a dedicated Mum!!! Simon and Bonnie will make a lovely pair.
Hugs. xx

Country Girl said...

Thanks! :D
xox

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Poor Simon... I actually lost my fish this week too. His name was Topaz, but we called him Fiss, and he was a Siamese Fighting Fish. I think that he just died of old age, or his tank got too warm in the sun... hard to say!

I hope you find a suitable and happy replacement, if that's your desire!

Anonymous said...

my thoughts are with you in this very trying time in your life. I am sure simon would like to see you move on, I am sure even now in fish heaven simon your little fish angel( not to get confused with angel fish) is watching over you, with fond memories of his short but wonderful life.

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of simon. Lots of hugs to you!