Tuesday, April 15, 2008

HABS Game!!

As a Birthday present, my friend Daniel took me to one of the HABS (Montreal Habitants) playoff games! I had never been to a real game before, just Daniel's games a million years ago. What an experience this was! We were right up in the 'nosebleeds' and the guy I was sitting next to smelt like cheese, but that didn't matter because we were center ice, and could stand up without bugging anyone behind us. Daniel got a flag, so I wore that around my shoulders as well as the sparkly HABS shirt my friend Rob bought me. It was stressful for most of the game, because after a strong lead they ended up going into overtime, but won in the first period, so it was not prolonged too long. When we left the stadium, there was such a buzz in the streets with people beeping horns, and cheering. I wasn't actually planning on seeing any games while I was here, so it was a great treat!
xox







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the sketchiness of purchasing scalped tickets.
Sketchy Ticket Scalper: "Ok, you go up the street and get the money, i will stand here and press random buttons on a parking meter and you, go look for lip gloss."

Country Girl said...

It's all part of the experience :D
xox