Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My 23rd Birthday!!

Today, my Mum had to come to terms with her Baby turning 23. And I had a wonderful day to help her along with it! My day started when I arrived at work and was sung Happy Birthday by two of my colleagues. My work was painless and went by quickly, which was a treat. At the end of the end of the day my colleagues surprised me with cake and gifts! Ed was spending the week at my house, so came to pick me up from work. Mum had invited Gill and Sara with Polly, Graham and Dorothy, and Catherine and Mark for dinner, so we had to get a few things done. Mum had got a crown of venison, so it was roasting in the oven when I got home and it smelled gorgeous. I made shmam potatoes, and Ed served wine to all. Catherine provided the cake- She made her famous black forest gateau, and it was sublime! After dinner, we all enjoyed coffee and tea, and chocolates in the living room while I opened my pressies :) I really enjoyed myself, and felt very satisfied after the house was quiet. However things didn't end there. Thursday I went to the quiz night and met my friends there as usual, only this time bringing Ed with me to meet them. Much to my surprise they had baked another cake for me!! This one with our team logo on it, Gus the Orangutan! Though we didn't win the quiz, it didn't matter I had a great time nonetheless. The following night, Ed treated me to a Chinese take out (my favourite of course) so we ate that at home with Mum, who had an egg, while watching one of the movies Ed got me for my Birthday. I had a wonderful Birthday, every moment of it, and thank everyone who contributed!!


No comments: