Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

I still feel the importance of acknowledging this special day, because I still know lots of great Dads worth celebrating. In honour of my own wonderful, late Father Mum and I dined on a juicy T-bone steak with fried onions and red peppers. As Mum sat down to her portion the first thing the said was "he would approve". Esteemed praise considering his great love and appreciation for a well cooked steak (or any other form of meat).

It's still a bitter sweet day as I watched family taking out their Dads or showering them with lawnmowers and power tools, and feeling like I'm missing out on something wonderful. My best course of action to brighten the day is to make sure that every Dad I see gets a smile and a "Happy Father's Day!"... you'd be amused to see how surprised most of them are.

Daddy with his three girls c. 1989/90

2 comments:

Nancy Walker McConnell said...

Sarah, it was so lovely seeing you at St. Georges and chatting with you. Made me feel old but in a good way! Your dad would be proud of the lovely daughters he had a hand in raising.

Country Girl said...

Thanks Nancy! It was a great catching up with you too. Thanks for visiting my blog. My laptop's being s bit stroppy, so photos are tricky but I'll be putting more up soon. All the best.