Saturday, January 07, 2006

A Lasting Tradition

This Christmas I took it upon myself to do the Popcorn Puzzle . The puzzle that used to live at my Grandparents' farm now lives with us, and it is my duty to continue a tradition. When I opened the box of the puzzle, in it I found a piece of paper. On it, it read:

"On December 29, 1985, at about 11:00PM, this puzzle was completed by (My Mum), who had worked on it for two evenings. CAC Jr."

So I set to work, and when I completed it. My
Mother's exclamation was: "You didn't have little children running around!" After all, Catherine was nearly 4, Allie was almost 12, and I was on the way in T minus 4 months. I felt it necessary to add to the paper:

"On December 28, 2005 at about 5:30pm, this puzzle was completed by (Me) who worked on it for a day (w/ no children running around, Mummy). S.M.C.C"

Almost 20 years to the day, I did the puzzle...and I'll do it again!






No comments: