Monday, March 20, 2006

Beaver Tails!

On the 11th of March, Steve hosted a volleyball house part! As we are a very multinational team, we were all asked to bring a food from our homelands. I thought, what better thing to bring than Beaver Tails. A doughnut batter, flattened to the shape of a beaver tail, deep fried, covered with sugar and cinnamon, and often maple syrup. I made mini versions of these. I went to the part with about 45, and came home with about 6. Needless to say, I think they licked them. There was another Canadian girl at the party, and she could really appreciated them. Ed really liked them and has given me permission to make them again ;)
xoxox

Getting everything ready!

I had fun kneading this dough...so soft! (note: Great Tew tea towel)


The Beaver Tails themselves!!!



1 comment:

Starfisheez said...

your beaver tails looked like they turned out great, and I really like the pic of you with the bunny ears. You're definately right, Ilysa is growing so fast. Can you believe she'll be crawling soon?