Friday, March 17, 2006

My Sister: St. Paddy Princess

Roll out the red carpet, pour the champagne, and get your camera ready...here they come! This year, my sister has the honour to be one of the St. Patrick's Day Irish Princesses in the Queen's court. At the United Societies of Montreal, you can see my sister with all the other princesses. Our family has both Irish and Scottish ancestry, of which we are equally proud. I think it's a great opportunity for my sister to demonstrate this pride publicly! Among other things such as school, and sleep, my Sister's been sporting her green fluffy cape at many social occasions: Balls, dinners, church services (where she sang the Bach/Gounod "Ave Maria"...knock their socks off, Thing!), and other such public appearances. She's met and mingled with mayors, and attended a press conference. I know how much this means to her, and besides the fact that she gets to legitimately wear a crown now, she deserves it! Good luck in the Parade, Thing, I'll have a pint in your honour!
xoxox

My Sister with the Irishman of the Year 2002, and her boss this past year.

My Sister (far left), with the court and the Queen (middle).
So beauteous!

...at the selection night.



...and finally, the entire court....
*sigh*


Teddy-Tew celebrating with a pot of Ben and Jerry's ice cream!

1 comment:

TGS said...

You Rock!!! Actually that picture is of Robin Burns who was Irishman of the year in 2002 and my boss this past summer at Mission-Itech. An it better be a green beer!!! ;)