Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A Trip to the Biodome

The Biodome is where four ecosystems co-exist, in downtown Mtl. Anyone who's completed elementary school, or Guides or Scouting will have come here on a field trip. I hadn't been since probably the age of 12, so when Daniel suggested we go...how could I resist??? Out of all the climates (tropical forest, Laurentian forest, St-Laurence Marine, and Arctic/Antarctic) the Laurentian was the best for me. It was cool, fresh, it smelled Canadian. I always love watching the beaver busily building their dams. (Sorry for the tongue twister!) The Biodome exhibits and cares for the animals very well, so I never get the impression these animals are being kept in captivity. Their living spaces are large and realistic. Plus, at the end of your visit, when you've decided that when you grow up you want to work with animals, you can visit one of the best gift shops I've ever been to. ;) I'm definitely going there next summer, it's a great place to go.
xox


Me, outside the Biodome

An otter asleep

Daniel, in the tropics

A beaver, swimming about.

A skulking iguana.
The most persistent Penguin I've seen.

Fronds, or anenamies... you decide. :)

A big fish

A Puffin!

THE gift shop!

No comments: