Thursday, February 08, 2007

SNOW!!!

I woke up this morning, and immediately became a 5 year-old again. Ed got quite the shock when I screeched: "Look, look!!!" I spent the morning hoping to see something on the University website saying: "CLOSED!" Alas, nothing. I was torn, but at 5 to the hour I did pull myself out of the house to brave the kids throwing snowballs on the way up to class. It was clear that the numbers were lowere than usual.
There were a few inched of lovely packing snow on the ground, which was perfect for snowmen. As I trudged to class, all along the (usually) green hill leading up to campus, there way a blanket of snow dotted with students in just coats, throwing snowballs, and building massive snowmen. Back at home, I built a mini snowman with Ed (pictures soon), and went in to have some nice warm tomato soup with grilled cheese :D
My winters in Montreal were always covered in snow, starting from Hallowe'en, and going right into April. Hollowe'en costumes had to be big enough to accomodatea snowsuit underneath, and flowers coming up in April would most certainly be frost bitten into May.
The snow is a lovely thing, and I wish there was more if it, however I wish this country would relax when it came to it, and not tell people to "travel only if necissary!"
xox

2 comments:

Country Parson said...

But that would require the acquisiton of a lot of equipment! Remember that lovely journey home from Woodford Halse. Maybe, short of importing the Montreal snow removal team, it is not so bad an idea to suggest that people stay put.

Country Girl said...

except for when that's not necessary! That was an interesting trip: 30 minutes there...three hours back!
xox