Saturday, February 07, 2009

Let it Snow!! (Just let the Grit Last)

All of this week, I'm sure you've seen on the news, there has been a major snow fall by this country's standards. They say it's the most snow they've received in a short space of time for 18 years! Though, not true for my past I know there are many people who've never seen this much snow ever! Furthermore, they've never driven in so much snow...

I have in my car, a long handled scraper, a shovel, and a cloth for the inside of the windshield. The only thing I don't have is kitty litter for getting myself out of a jam. The shovel did come in handy when I helped a man get out of parking lot! Also when I needed to get of the driveway. The latest trauma is that some of the councils are running out of grit! (this word always makes Mum and me laugh...we think of the Grit Busters!!)

Almost each day this week we've been able to go home early from work, so Friday I went around the village taking pictures of snow, and scenery. Once back at home, I used the last of the daylight to play in the backyard a bit. I thought of making a snowman, but thought I'd try something different this year. So, I built an Igloo! I had to remove the four inches of powdery snow to reveal the two or three inches of good packing snow. The Igloo is hollow, and has an entrance and all.
Today, I wanted to go up to the top of Tew Church tower, mostly to get a look at the churchyard, but found that it was the perfect day for seeing the fields and surrounding villages under their picturesque blanket of snow. I've taken a few shots of the places I've been, and I hope you like them! I think they speak for themselves :)









No comments: