Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Haying

Mum and I are currently living right across from a field that seemed to be left fallow, or so we thought. We can see the field from the window on the landing, and one day when I was walking down stairs I saw the tractors working out in the field. The previous week I had noticed that the grass that had grown very tall had been raked into long rows. This week, they had three tractors total: one to run over the rows of grass collecting it underneath to compact it into rectangles, one to run around collecting the blocks once they'd come out from the first tractor, and a third to carry the hay away. Mum and I stood and watched as the entire field was organized in a matter of minutes!

The first tractor
The second tractor, carrying the hay.
All three tractors working together.

No comments: