Saturday, March 19, 2011

And Finally, the Tree Moves...

This past Christmas, Mum had said she didn't want a real tree in the house. That when a good friend of our said "well, just put it out on the balcony". (Now why didn't I think of that)

So, half way through December Patrick and I headed out to the Arboretum, bought a tree, and schlepped it back to my house then up the outer stairs to leave it on the balcony. It took a while but I found and set up a stand, put up the tree, and strung the lights. Just having a real tree outside made all the difference I just wish I could have smelled it.

Christmas passed, and so did January and even February. Often during this passage of time Mum would look out at the tree and say "maybe we can start thinking about taking the tree down..." to which I would usually respond "maybe". I loved seeing the tree out there and watching the lights come on every night, I couldn't bear the thought of taking it down just yet. But alas, one fateful Saturday in March the time came. And as usual, it wasn't the only thing we had planned that day so our good friend Rhys got roped in to helping.

After launching the tree over the balcony, dragging it around to the front of the building, hooking it up to the car with bungee cords, I drove it out to a small wooded area and put it in its final home. And of course, Mum was there to document the whole thing!















No comments: