Sunday, July 23, 2006

Just For Laughs

Pretty much every summer throughout my childhood, I would sit in our air conditioned family room with a can of ginger beer after a swim meet, usually sunburned and smelling of chlorine and Solarcain, watching the recorded Just for Laughs on TV. Every time I see that on TV, I'm instantly reminded of those summer evenings. I often toyed with the idea that some day I would go and see one live. To my delight, this year my dream cam true. Daniel called me up out of the blue, and said how much do I want to see John Cleese at the Just for Laughs.....
It was amazing!!! The music was the same as on TV, the set, the voice...I couldn't believe it! I was actually there. On top of the excitement that I was going to see the formidable John Cleese in the flesh, I got to meet the hilarious Colin Mocherie. (I got his autograph too :P)
Throughout the entire evening, it felt surreal. Maybe I'll get tickets for next summer and take Ed along. That way, he can see a facet of Montréal adored by all!

xox


Daniel, Colin Mocherie, with Me.


The Just for Laughs Stage.

John Cleese, Himself!!!

"Women Fully Dressed"

John Cleese announced he was "commiting suicide" at the end of the show, to top Jason Alexander. These were the methods of choice: stoning; electric chair; firing squad; guillotine; and hanging.... :S

John Cleese thought it was important that he replace himself in terms of his tallent. Therefore, he held the "Cleese Idol" (hosted by the real Canadian Idol MC!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its actually colin mochire ;)

Country Girl said...

Ya, I realized this after...I never could spell :) I apologize to _Colin Mochrie_ :D