Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The St. Joseph's Oratory

Every time I go out downtown, I usually see the Oratory. However, I didn't know that's what it was. Catherine suggested we go together, but we couldn't seem to get free time at the same time. So, finally this Wednesday we got the chance. I found the whole experience very moving. Especially when we were in the room where people could light candles for their loved ones. Hanging by the walls were hundreds of crutches, canes, and other supports. Catherine explained that these used to belong to the lame and disabled, but that they had climbed the stairs to the Oratory on their knees as a pilgrimage, and had been healed.
We also walked through the garden of the 14 stages of the cross. The sculptures stood out amongst the greenery, making them that much more impressive.
I'm so glad we went to the Oratory. I can look up at the green dome, and know what it represents and what effect it had on me.

xox

The Oratory

You can just make out the Julep (where we went to go see the cars)

Stages represented in the gardens:














4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a really peaceful, tranquil and beautiful place. Great to come home and see after a long day at work. Love ya babe!

Ed x x x x x x x x x

Country Girl said...

Love you too, Sweety
xoxoxoxox
SMOOCH!

Anonymous said...

You take really beautiful pictures!
Jess

Country Girl said...

Thanks, Jess!!!!
You Made my day! :)